Saturday, September 14, 2013

Part One: Game Day Fashion Has Come A Long Way


Picture Credit:  Polyvore.com


College Game Day attire has come a long way since I was in college.  Gone are the days of simply throwing on your favorite college t-shirt and jeans and cheering on your favorite team.  Game Day attire has evolved into a fashion trend of its own.  From the Game Day dress to Game Day boots, it's all about looking your best when you step into the stadium.   

Don't believe me?  Do a simple "game day attire" search on Pinterest or the web and thousands of ideas will pop up on your smart phone.  The ideas are endless!  I love looking at all the pictures and saving them to my personal pinterest page so that I can look for the same outfit idea - but in my college alma mater colors. 

So with this in mind, it got me to thinking.  Part Two of this series will be to scour the shops in Ellis County, Texas to put together Game Day Outfits for not only colleges, but also the local large high schools - Waxahachie, Ennis, Red Oak, and Midlothian.  My plan is simple:  Contact the shops in Ellis County and have them pull their best game day outfits in the appropriate colors and we will show you how you too can get a game day look right here in Ellis County, Texas! 

And while I bleed red and black as I am a Texas Tech graduate ( GO RAIDERS - GET YOUR GUNS UP!), I figured I would show some Texas hospitality and support Texas A&M by posting some sample maroon and white game day attire since they are playing a huge game today versus Alabama.  Note to Ennis Lion and Red Oak Hawk Fans: These are great Game Day looks for you too since your school colors are maroon and white.  

Be sure and check back next Saturday as I will have some sample Game Day looks from shops around Ellis County. Here's to looking your best on Game Day! 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment