Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things From the Waxahachie Bridal Show

What girl doesn't love a bridal show?  Married, Not Married, Wishing You Were Married, Wishing You Were Not Married, girls always dream of a Cinderella esque bridal affair.  So, today I had the distinct pleasure of not only attending the 10th Annual Waxahachie Bridal Extravaganza, but also spending the afternoon with my amazing momma.  After grabbing a quick bite to eat after church, mom and I decided to hit the road and check out the vendors at the show.   Below are a few of my favorite things from the show!


My amazing mom, Deborah.
Upon entering the show, I was immediately drawn to a jewlery booth, (duh) where I met two of the sweetest ladies, Kelli Bollman and Dianne Dozer, of Origami Owl Custom Jewelry.   Origami Owl is a unique jewelry line that allows you to design a "living locket."  You choose a beautiful glass locket and inside you place charms that tell your story - it is the coolest thing EVER.  You can then make even more of a statement and add metallic, crystal or pearl dangles that clip to your necklace and hang around the locket.  They are great for bridesmaids gifts, mothers day gifts, graduation gifts, and really any thing you can think of gifts.
 

My new friends, Dianne and Kelli
www.dianne.origamiowl.com
  
After coveting these amazing necklaces for about 15 minutes, I rounded the corner and entered what my mom would call heaven - the samples of delicious cakes and food.   Holy Chicago!

First up was I Do.... Cakes by the amazingly talented Sarah Farmer from Waxahachie, Texas.  Sarah can do wedding cakes, birthday cakes, and fun little dessert cakes and pastries.  Of course mom and I made a bee line for the red velvet cake samples.  Those little cakes were so yummy I stole like three when she wasn't looking! 

I Do... Cakes by Sarah Farmer
www.idocakes.shutterfly.com

Next, I tasted the most amazingly fresh white cake I have had in a really long time from The Occasional Slice out of Red Oak, Texas. It was slap your momma good, but being that mom was with me, I didn't see the need in embarassing her.   Lindsey Eddlemon, owner of The Occasional Slice, can do just about anything you can dream of for your event.  


Lindsey Eddlemon and Her Sweet Mom
www.theoccasionalslice.com
 After going into diabetic acoma from the sugar, I had to have some salt to balance it all out (hello) and that is when I had the pleasure of tasting some of the samples at the My Sister's Affair booth.  Owner Linda Rodriguez has been one of my personal "go to" caterers for events I have personally been involved with over the years.   Linda has catered such events as the Navarro College Brilliance Gala and the Waxahachie Chamber of Commerce annual auction.  In fact, Linda is the caterer for this year's auction on October 5th at the Waxahachie Civic Center. 



Linda Rodriguez of My Sisters Affair
www.mysistersaffaircatering.com
Tomorrow, I will continue A Few of My Favorite Things From the Waxahachie Bridal Show with florists, photography, and Event Planners.   Stay Tuned!

XoXo,
Nicole 


No comments:

Post a Comment